Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We're Back...and I've Been Tagged!

We're back from a blissful week on the Big Island!  We got back home late Sunday night and pre-planned to take Monday off from work to recuperate.  Actually, the Mister already had it off because it was Columbus Day.  About half way through the day we both realized a second recuperation day was in order so we both called out today.  




I'll fill y'all in on the details of our honeymoon later, but I'll tell you the best part now:  SLEEP!!!  I slept for at least 9 hours each night and one night I actually slept for 10 1/2 hours.  I normally am an 8 hours and then I'm awake kind of person.  I think I was able to sleep so well on our honeymoon because it was the first time I've been able to really relax in a very, very long time.

Jacin over at She Said Yes! tagged me with some fun questions to answer.  I'm normally horrible about doing things like this.  But since I took today off from work and am still in relaxation mode this sounds like fun.  So here goes nothing!

1. what was the last movie you watched?

Dinner for Schmucks on the plan ride from Honolulu to LAX.  It was not very good, and not at all what I expected, but anything that helps 2 hours of a 5 hour plane ride go by faster is great in my book.

2. what's your favorite food?

Tough one!  I'd probably have to say Tiramisu.  I don't eat it very often, but if it's on the dessert menu there's no question that is what I am ordering.  But I love so many other foods.  This question would be easier if it was what's your least favorite food.  That's an easy one... HARD BOILED EGGS!!! Ewwww.

3. what is your happiest memory (not wedding-related) :)

Most of my happy memories revolve around hanging out at my maternal grandparent's house in Massachusetts as a kid.  My mom has 10 brothers and sisters so the house was always full of family and fun times.  Plus, they had a Sega Genesis and an in-ground swimming pool with a slide and a diving board.  :)

4. what is your favorite song?

I have a confession:  I'm not a music person.  I hardly ever download music to my iPod.  I'm content with my old music and just listening to the radio.  But I love me some Pearl Jam, and I'd have to say that Pearl Jam's Betterman is one of my all time favorite songs.

5. if you could move anywhere in the world where would it be?

Right now, we're talking about moving to Hawaii.  :)  I moved a lot as a kid so moving is not very appealing to me.  But I'd leave Southern California in a hot minute for some place a little cooler (but not with a full on winter...been there done that!) and with less people.  Where that is, I don't know.  It would be hard to leave our friends and family behind though.  Making new friends sucks.

6. what is the last book you read?

The Wedding Ceremony Planner.  It was a great resource for helping me write our ceremony!



7. what's on the wallpaper on your computer desktop?

It rotates throughout the day with different scenery of America.  It came with Windows 7 and is pretty, what can I say??? LOL.  

8. what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?

Just lounging around in my sweats watching trash TV.  When it's nice out I end up feeling guilty if I do this unless I'm sick or have some other valid excuse.  

3 comments:

Smiling is Good for your Teeth said...

I am a new follower from She Said Yes!

Tiramisu is sooo good! I learned how to make it when I was in Italy and it was the most amazing thing, EVER!

http://latache-t.blogspot.com

Kristin - Miss Glasses said...

Glad you had a restful honeymoon! Welcome back, newlyweds!

Dancy said...

Yay! Welcome back!

Your grandparent's house sounds like it was off the hook, that's so cool!

Post a Comment