Friday, October 1, 2010

The Time Has Come

It's the day before our wedding.  I can hardly believe it.  I have a nail appointment in 2 hours, and after that I'm on a strict schedule so we can be on the road to our venue by 3 p.m.  I will not have internet at the Lodge, except on my trusty Blackberry, so this is my last chance to tell all of you wonderful ladies how great it has been to share my wedding planning experience with you.  I himmed and hawwed about whether I wanted to start a wedding blog because I wasn't sure I would have the commitment to blog regularly.  But I soon realized that there are no rules when it comes to blogging and if I don't post it's not like someone comes and takes my blog away from me.  I know I haven't been as prolific as many wedding bloggers out there, but to each there own, right?  I did what felt right for me.

So thank you.  Thank you for your feedback, thank you for listening, thank you for being a friend (Ha!  Had to throw in a Golden Girl's reference.)

So this is it.  I'm not nervous about anything.  Though I am worried about the 30% chance of rain on our wedding day.  And even then I'm not that worried about it, and I'm finding the silver lining.  Scattered thunderstorms make for beautiful skies and an opportunity for fantastic pictures, right?  Plus, there was a double rainbow over my house yesterday, so I'm taking that as a sign God is smiling down on us.

6 comments:

Ghenet said...

It's been great reading about your planning and I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! Rain or shine, it's going to be a beautiful wedding :) Enjoy it!

miss fancy pants (the bride) said...

Woohoo! Congrats to you both. Rain or no rain, you'll have an awesome day. Can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy.

Amy said...

Happy Wedding to you! I have loved following along with you as you plan. Best wishes for a beautiful wedding and a wonderful marriage!

Dancy said...

Woooo! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I've enjoyed following along with you & your invites are still 1 of my favorite.

Can't wait to see pics!!!

Kristin - Miss Glasses said...

I've really enjoyed reading about your wedding planning journey! Congratulations and have an amazing wedding day!

Claire said...

I am sure you will have a fantastic wedding with or without rain. Congratulations!!!!!

Post a Comment